Special facilities and equipment
We have a range of resources and equipment in school to support children with a variety of different needs.
- Support for physical difficulties includes writing slopes, pencil grips, pens and pencils of a variety of sizes and ergonomically formed cutlery.
- Support for reading difficulties includes coloured over-lays, coloured book marks, specialist books, including those with coloured paper for dyslexic students and a variety of reading resources at every level.
- To aid spelling we provide spelling prompts, word mats, magnetic letters and a variety of spelling games.
- To support pupils with number we have a range of maths equipment including: Numicon, base 10 equipment and other counting blocks.
- For children with very specific difficulties we are able to purchase equipment, such as a specialist chair for a child with Cerebral Palsy, or an audio system for a child with hearing impairment, as required.