Music at Windy Arbor
I am a musician because I can listen, perform and discuss different kinds of music and pick out musical elements.
I can compose tunes and lyrics by singing, moving and playing instruments.
At Windy Arbor we value music and creativity acknowledging the benefits that this has on our children. We deliver a creative music curriculum which is practical and cyclical to provide a deep understanding of musical learning.
Our Music Curriculum Aims;
- To play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, singing and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- To improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music
- To listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
- To use and understand staff and other musical notations
- To appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
- To develop an understanding of the history of music
- To have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument as part of Whole Class Instrumental Teaching
At Windy Arbor we use the Charanga scheme. This is because a