Week beginning 23.11.20
Monday - Today's skill is prediction
Look at the front cover of the book. Can you answer these questions?
- Who are the people in the picture?
- Where are they?
- What do you think is going to happen in the story?
Tuesday - Today you can enjoy the story! Please watch the video below.
Wednesday - Today's skill is vocabulary
The children will be going through the story and finding interesting phrases and words... such as these.
Grandma lived on a tiny rock where the wind cut in and the grass grew sideways.
Grandma boiled seaweed for soup and kept her teeth in a jar.
Slept ‘top to tail’.
Grandma snored like a walrus.
Spotted something shimmering across the sand.
Rock is described as a castle, a tall ship, a smugglers den, barnacled back of a whale.
A sail came cutting across the sea.
Grandma scooped him up.
House full of chatter.
Can you then answer these questions?
1. Look at the picture. What does sleeping top to tail mean?
2. Noi spotted something shimmering across the sand. Can you think of another word for shimmering?
3. The house was full of chatter . What does chatter mean?
Thursday - Today's skill is retrieval and inference.
Think about Grandma... what do we already know about her. How do we know that?