Reflect on all the things you have learnt about Sound so far.
Write a definition for each of the words below. Use a dictionary or online word finder to help if you need to.
- Sound wave
How can you explain all about sound to a child in Year 3? Create a fact file or poster to share your knowledge and answers to the questions below:
- How do sound waves work?
- How does sound travel from a sound source to the brain?
- What is each part of the ear is called and what does it do?
- Which is the best materials to muffle sound and why?
- How does distance affect the volume of a sound?
- What are tuning forks and how do they work?
- How many other sound facts can you recall?