There are a variety of ways for pupil voice to be heard
- Mentoring meetings are held between each individual pupil and their teacher every term. This is an excellent opportunity for children to discuss their wishes, worries, strengths and needs.
- Pupil interviews are held at various stages throughout the year by the SENCO and members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- The school council also provides an opportunity for pupils’ voices to be heard at the School Council Circle Times that happen every other week. These views are then brought back to the school council meetings.
- SEN reviews are held termly with parents, the class teacher and the SENCO. We encourage children, with parental approval, to attend these, particularly children in KS2. Likewise children with EHCPs are always invited to attend their annual reviews.
- Every other year pupils complete the Health Related Behaviour Questionnaire. This allows us to compare the views of pupils at Windy Arbor with the local authority as a whole.