Can you paint or draw three of the vegetables that Oliver tasted after finding them in his Grandad's vegetable patch? What shape, size, colour are the vegetables? Do they have leaves? Could you label your painting or drawing with the initial sound of the vegetable? For example, 'c' for carrot.
Can you answer the following questions:
- How did Oliver and Mum get to Grandpa's house?
- What did Oliver think was the best thing about Grandpa's house?
- Oliver said that he only liked one type of food, what was it?
- What vegetable had 'crinkly leaves'?
- Which vegetable were the slugs and snails on?
- Why did Oliver think that potatoes must have big leaves?
- Which vegetable did Oliver eat in a salad and which vegetable did he eat as a soup?
- How did Oliver make chips?
- Which vegetable from the vegetable patch is your favourite? Why?
- What would you like to grow in the Nursery vegetable patch?
Can you count the vegetables? How many are there? Can you match the quantity to the number?
Let's Make Vegetable Soup
Using vegetables from your home, can you make a soup just like Oliver?